7808 ASBX disassembly

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Nov 5 18:09:21 GMT 1999

Peter Gargano wrote:

> On Ludis' site: http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/disasm.html
> there is 7808asbx.zip containing a disassembly - 7808asbx.a

> I was wondering how 7808asbx.a was disassembled, and by whom.

I disassembed it.  My disassembler is made from the equivalent of
bailing wire, duct tape, and chewing gum.  (A bunch of scripts with some
manual editing.)

> What is the target assembler? (apparently it's targeted for another
> assembler (???),

Apple's MPW (Macintosh Programmers Workshop) 680x0 assembler.  (That's
680x0, not 6800.)

> and you need the macro file HC11Macs.a for it to
> all work) - anyone have this macro file?

I of course have a copy.  However, I wrote it for a previous employer,
so they have some rights to it.  The company has changed it's product
goals several times since then, and doesn't need the macro file anymore.
 Of course, the staff has also turned over several times and thus there
isn't anyone still there who could give me a release to post the file.

All that HC11Macs.a does is assemble the slightly non-standard HC11 code
into DefineByte and DefineWord directives.