TBI cam duration

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Nov 7 21:06:20 GMT 1999

Actually, I'm planning to eventually go to a Torker single plane (have one),
and port injection. Might stay with the '747, might do to a '730, don't know
yet. '730 has definite advantages.

Right now, I have a Performer RPM (dual plane) on the car, and a 5.7L TBI
ready to bolt on. Have a Bosch high pressure inline pump to plumb. I'd do
a '730 and port, but adding drivers for a TBI is a pain. Right now I'm in a huge
time crunch (have been, otherwise I'd be injected by now).

I think this is the second time in a couple of days you mentioned a vacuum
referenced FPR for a TBI. I'm not sure of the reason for it, as your adding
another tuning variable. Fuel pressure and injector flow changes with manifold
pressure. In port injection it's done to eliminate a tuning variable.

You know', one of those Smokey cross ram jobs would be kinda cool
with dual two-bbl TBI's. You wouldn't know where I could get one,
would ya'? <g> I could easily go this way.

BobR.