Injector Confusion

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Wed Nov 10 02:42:49 GMT 1999

"Basically"  the P+H like to operate at times ranging from 1-5msec, and
saturated 2-10msec.  So it's more a matter of rpm range that you want to use
(ok, firing rate) that demands which get used.  Naturely for a high HP to
run cleanly at idle you need to be able to control it at a short pulse width.
BUT, NOT ALL P+H or SATURATED are linear, especially at idle......
  So some P+H for some applications tend to work well, but this is not a
universal law.  Look at some of the speciality lists,, and there are some
types of injectors that just so happen to work really well.
  I personally think the rising rate regulators have a place on N/A high HP
applications.  AND especially on S/C  T/C  applications.
  Cheers
Grumpy
  Now try looking up injector firing strategies....