[admin] What next.... (MUST READ)

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Thu Nov 11 15:34:54 GMT 1999

> She's a professional web site developer turned web site consultant(She's
> the middleman 'tween the customer and the web site programmers)... works
> from home, and knows a lot about linux, unix, mac, and pc's... any
> questions you wanna ask her post it here or off list to me and I'll send
> it her way and see what she comes up with as well...
>
> For example, I can ask her the download, upload and throughput speeds of
> her cablemodem setup...

that doesn't do anyon any good
the speeds depend on you local provider
offering here range from 300-700k down and 9.6k to 300 k up

ADSL is better sfaster and more reliable if you can get it
offering range from 64k-5mb up and 700k-10mb down

you have to get the info from you local provider(s) to have any idea what
package they are giving
1.1/1.1 and 1.1/2.2 packages are very common and reasonable priced
most don't offer static IP with this though
you will need a business type package, usually costs about $100/mo for
static IP and proper routing

Clive