kPa under boost

Glen Beard gbeard1 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 22:00:36 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Might try putting a Fuel Pressure guage in the return line so that at
> continued WOT you see a 1+PSI.  That way you'll know that there is enough
> volume to still be returning fuel..

This is an excellent idea that I hadn't even considered.  Thanks.

>   On the MAF/MAP system like yours, have you heard read for sure which
> sensor is used when?.
>   I'd "assume" MAP for transistions/WOT
>   and MAF for steady state
>   then each other to verify the other

I believe the MAF is used even at WOT with the MAP only used as a
cross-reference. (any 94-95 LT1 guys out there?)  For some reason
the number 471gps sticks in my head as the point at which my MAF
hits its max calibration point.  Above this, the PCM does not see
any additional air coming in.  This means I will have to tune the
PCM to have the correct AFR at max air flow even though it only
sees 471 gps.

--
Glen Beard  95 T/A conv M6
355, Vortech, heads, cam...