GM TBI on Chrysler Big Block

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Nov 16 09:56:10 GMT 1999

Qeskimeaux at aol.com wrote:

>  I am planning to install fuel injection on my 413 Dodge  motorhome. I have
> the Chrysler distributor triggering the GM module and plan to use all GM
> parts except for  a Holley 670cfm 2"bore throttle body for 5.7 but have a few
> areas of concern. I want to use a 747 ecm because they are plentiful and used
> on 454 trucks. The nearest engine would be a medium duty truck 427
Don't spend time searching for this one.  It uses a different ECM and
the throttle body has a mechanical governor.

but  ecm
> for it is relatively rare. Do you think ecm will adapt to displacement
> difference if I use the 454 prom or will I need to have a custom prom burned?
My opinion is that you'll need a custom prom to get the best
performance from any custom application.  I'd use the 454 as a
starting point, but plan on taking plenty of notes and doing some
changing later.

Remember there are 2 different ecm's used with the 454 and non
electronic transmissions, both part nos. end in 747
> Also will ecm adjust to the dual 65 lb/hr injectors in holley TBI ? (This is
> not a high RPM application)265hp at 3600
> Will Gm Knock sensor work in Chrysler big block & will GM spark tables be
> close enough? Any thoughts y'all have on this would be appreciated.
Go here:
http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/asearch.html
and here:
http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/gmecm/asearch.html
and search for things like knock sensors and gm tbi injector sizes.
You'll find a ton of info there.
Shannen