Fuel Pressure and Hoses

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Tue Nov 23 16:26:51 GMT 1999

A hose barb fitting is fine if used correctly.  The clamp is never supposed
to go over the barb.  In fact the good barbed fittings (Parker-Hannifin
Push-Lok(R)) use no clamps at all.  They are rated for 250 psi with the
correct hose.  Now if your oil is 300 degrees, you need the ss braid/teflon
tube stuff.

I find the anodized Earls fittings and hose way too expensive.  I use
industrial grade parts from the local hydraulic house.  Steel fittings are
OK for me.

Brass compression fittings are not good for high pressure either.  Use
special flare or flareless fittings to connect to steel tubing.  Best is to
braze the proper AN fitting to the tube.  Make sure all metal pipes are
supported to prevent vibration.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>