Fuel Pressure and Hoses

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Wed Nov 24 02:39:51 GMT 1999

Mike Rolica wrote:

> I used the original gm fuel injection hose. Goes from steel flare with o
> ring on tpi to body fuel line. Regular brass flare (-6) fittings work good.
> Then I used brass compression unions to go to the steel line.  I would not
> use hose barbs at all. Treat it like you would a brake system.  (i.e. all
> threaded /flare fittings).
> Mike Rolica
> Meridian Magnesium Products
> Strathroy, Ont
> Ext. 260

Airquip makes a blue rubber hose w/ push-on (once) fittings (AN sizes, threads
and taper)  that is rated for 300 psi. I used it for gas line and return.  You
can cut the hose off and re-use the fittings. Looks like a square hose barb but
does not use a clamp. I also used double flare 3/8 steel tubing straight to AN
without leaks. Just use an AN bushing with a male AN flare. I started at both
ends and joined the steel in the middle with a brass compression union.  12K
miles with out a leak.Best regards  Tom