Why not a private news server?

gabe gellett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 29 17:32:03 GMT 1999

In a private news server scenario, all messages are posted directly to our server,
no other machines can forward msgs to us, headers cannot be forged, that means we
have a log of IP addresses and can track down spammers ourselves (not that they
will exist anyway).

We could even reply back with an assigned password when someone signs up, thus
requiring a valid e-mail account to receive their password, but I do not think that
would be necessary.

You must not understand what we are talking about.

Squash's post about a private news server not even requiring a uname/pswd and still
not getting any spam sounds correct to me.

Gabe