Custom Program for a factory computer

John S. Gwynne jsg at mrcday.com
Sun Oct 24 17:18:05 GMT 1999

| Has anyone written a complete program for the factory hardware?  It
| seems that the registers are pretty well figured out for some of them.
| How hard could it be to convert say the program for EFI332 to run on the
| GM Processor? is there a C compiler available? It would give all the

This is a little different than what you had in mind, but I believe
I'm close to being able to merge an efi332 board with the I/O section
of a '7730. The advantage is that the CPU will have the speed and
resource to run an RTOS based code (which the original 6811 variant
could not) and testing will not require any wiring harness changes to
the vehicle [that is in my case, '88 TPI now running '7730 with '92
cal axxc]. Only needing to move the ecm connector to change computers
is the goal. This seems to me a reasonable next step in the efi332
development.

john gwynne