Holley Projection 4Di - replica?? Recipe??

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 00:25:12 GMT 1999

>  Why "not" pressurize the inlet of a TBI?  Other than leakage and pressure
>  equalization issues, does he list any other serious obstacles or
>  shortcomings?  Please contact me off list if this is unsuitable discussion
>  topic for the group.

Hi Walt,
Both TBI & carbs present fuel distibution problems that
don't exist in "one injector per cylinder" dry manifold applications.
Wet manifolds are full opportunities for fuel to fall out of suspension,
or situations where a difference in a porting can cause big differences
in fuel distribution, while still maintaining the same air flow volumes
accross all of the cylinders.  Mixture streams below a carb or TBI
at high flow, are not uniform in  A/F ratio.   These problems worsen
with positive manifold pressures.   Now, with all of that said, if you
are considering a TBI setup that employs "one injector per cylinder",
that, effectively is a port injection setup, and little of the above applies.
What ever you go with, please keep us posted..
MIke V