TPI MAP, Fans, Questions

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Tue Oct 26 17:43:55 GMT 1999

At 10:44 AM 10/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>You have the same type of setup as I do. And your are going through the same
>stuff

Always fun to watch some fall in the same pitfalls as yourself.  ;^>

>	Where did harness come from?  305 tpi generally did not have vats
>where as almost all 350 tpi's did. Except for some broadcast codes, and
>yours is not one of them.  Did you take the harness all out at once with
>ecm, or is it pieces put together, like harness from one car ecm from
>another, tpi from another?

I bought the harness and ECM with a bunch of other TPI parts in a "grab
bag".  What I was told was all from a '89 350 Camaro, but that might not be
right.    Main reason I grabbed it is that the harness was in VERY good
condition - not all hacked up like usual.

>	Have seen people get screwed when they buy tpi setup for 350, turns
>out it is a 305 setup with 350 prom, (19lb injector are basically the only
>difference) but still.

It looks like I'm a victim of the above scam, since my harness is missing
the VATS wire.  I'll try hooking up the VATS killer tonight, since when I
"cranked it" (spun dist. by hand) the FP comes on and IAC moves slightly
(auditable), but the injectors NEVER fire.

It didn't set any error codes while doing this, which I take is a good sign.

BTW, does anyone have a listing of the error codes for this ECM/CAL?  I
found some on www.westecauto.com, but I suspect there are some errors, eg
1986-88 VIN 8 lists 33 and 34 as MAP errors, I belive this should be MAF.

--> Bob Valentine
--> bob at tecmark.com