'94 & '95 LT1 Ecms

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Sep 29 14:43:35 GMT 1999

Chad,
	The stock 8051 has multiple tables for the transmission.
You shift between them with the performance switch. This
switch is on some F-bodies, but not all. The code to use the
switch is in every 8051 I have seen, including Impala SS and
Caprice Cop Cars.

	This swich only works on the Xmisiion tables. You would
have to modify the code to use this function with the fuel
and Ignition tables. There is blank space in the Flash, so a
good programmer should be able to accomplish what you want,
but it won't be easy.

	The 8051 is Flash style memory. There are two processors
and two 512K Flash chips. They are early Flash chips that
have no block erase commands. You must erase the entire
chip, and get it reprogrammed before you shut off the PCM or
you just made a nice door stop.

		Ken