DIS for GMECM

mta228 mta228 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 17:17:22 GMT 2000

I am a bit confused on this one.  Why would you need a little box to set
between the ECM and the DIS ignition module / coil pack?
    I thought it was simply a matter of wiring the EST, BY-PASS, and
Reference supplied for the old HEI distributor system into the corresponding
terminals on the DIS ignition module.  Does the ECM somhow know that the
ignition module has determined its reference pulse from a crank sensor
rather than a pick-up coil in a distributor?