TPI Runner Question

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Dec 7 00:34:13 GMT 2000

Gotta mention there are sometimes subtle differences between F car TPI
and Y car TPI systems.
In my experience, most Y car TPI systems have small notches cast in
the TB which allow idle air to enter the plenum.  On a few occasions,
I've seen the "special passage" systems.  I know this because they use
a different TB gasket, which I usually don't have in stock.  But the
vast majority of TPI manifolds on which I r&r end gaskets (RTV
Sealant, Hoo Boy) are 86 to 89 units.  Bottom line, don't ask the
list, check your TB and plenum.

Shannen