TPI for Chevy truck

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Dec 8 01:38:39 GMT 2000

Matthew Johnson wrote:

> I was thinking that the difference in fuel pressure between TBI and TPI was
> great enough that the stock TBI switch for trucks might not be able to be
> used.  If anyone knows anything one way or the other I would appreciate it.

I would be wary of running high pressure with the plastic bodied GM
tbi valve also.  Ford trucks were pfi when GM was using tbi.  They
must have installed the high pressure pump after the valve, like
Lyndon describes.

Then again, there's always the old "mechanical valve" trick.
But no self respecting EFI conversion would use something as "lowly"
as that....

If you can find a tbi equipped 87 pickup, life may be much easier for
you.  At least try to find a donor pfi car or two.  Swaps always
involve getting brackets and bolts and miscellaneous junk which you
don't realize you need until Sunday afternoon on a holiday weekend, if
ya know what I mean.

> BTW - my hats off to everyone on the list, trying (keyword here) to follow
> the LS1 lean cruise thread.. I'm amazed at what I think it is ya'll are
> doing.

<wearing aluminum lined CSH>

Just what exactly _do_ you think we're doing, Mr. Johnson? 8-|
lol

>I figure give myself a few months and it'll make more sense when
> trying to follow the posts.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Have fun, and make it a point to download the archives and search
through them for topics which interest you.
Shannen