747 VSS Question

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Sat Dec 16 18:46:10 GMT 2000

The DRAC can be installed in any vehicle without trouble.  The sensor
that goes with it cannot, unless you change the transmission too.

84+ Corvettes use a different style sensor, which is driven by a
speedometer drive gear.  The output frequency of these sensors is
changed by installing different driven gears on the end of the sensor,
very much like a speedometer.  I do not remember whether they are 2000
or 4000 pulse per mile systems.

Still working on that box that you found.  Those colors don't seem
correct for VSS wiring.
Shannen