fuel pump pressure???

mike martone michael.martone at csoconline.com
Thu Dec 21 21:42:43 GMT 2000

yeah, i'm sure i have 1/4...if i'm at 1/4 and fill it up (34 gal. max) it
takes about 25-26 gallons.. errrr.....unless they changed the math on me

At 03:28 PM 12/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Do you KNOW you really have a 1/4 tank, or are you relying on the gage?
>I've had cars before that report ~1/4 tank when they're about dry.  This
>is usually figured out "the hard way".  I currently have a '91 bravada
>that will show 3 bars on the digital gage when you're real close to
>get-out-and-push mode.
>
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Mike Martone
>wrote:
>
>> okay folks,
>>
>> I have an 88 C-10 305/TBI....when the gas tank gets below 1/4, RPMS drop
way down when accelerating from 0 to about 15 or 20....the vehicle has a 34
gal. tank and coolant temps seem to run somewhere between 150-170 (
according to various thermostats that have been tried to get the operating
temps up to around 185-190. again.. this only happens when the tank gets
below 1/4full.

>> anybody have a suggestion... by the way.. to my knowledge.. the prom
hasn't been screwed around with