LT1 manifold question (sort of NOT ECM related)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Jan 11 00:25:15 GMT 2000

Marteney, Steven J. wrote:

> The thread on the 92-93 LT1 Vette just got me thinking.  Obviously, the LT1
> motor doesn't have a distributor so those my first problem.  My question is,
> will the LT1 manifold and intake plenum adapt to an earlier L98/B2L Tuned
> Port engine sans plenum, runners, and intake?  Are the heads different?
> Probably no distributor hole, right?  Does anyone make such a setup for the
> earlier FI V8s, such as Accel or Arizona S&M?  Just curious.  Looking for
> **CHEAP** ways to unchoke the induction system on my 89 L98 at higher rpms.
>
> Steve
If you work in or own a machine shop, and you have plenty of time, by
all means go after the LT1 intake swap.  There's no dizzy hole, no
coolant passages in the front of the heads, the ports don't line up,
and the bolt angles are different.  Other than that, it's exactly the
same. ; )  You'll be better off to get aftermarket runners, manifold,
throttle body to help the asthma.
Shannen