16176424 PCM - is the same as?

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sat Jan 1 02:16:45 GMT 2000

Richard Wakeling wrote:

> Hi Peter and Group,  "Happy New Year to All"
>
>         Peter the 16176424 does not have the same pinouts as the 165.
> Injector driver control is on C15 and C16 on a 16176424.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info - I had a very quick look at a VR service
manual at the NLA (National Library) the other day. I copied
what I thought was the ECM pinouts - pages 6C-71 to 6C-75
The actual connector pinouts has a page reference of
5-7-93 NS 14836.

But now I find I also have pages 7C2-46 to 7C2-49 "4L60E
DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES" PCM Wiring Diagram - with the
last two pages having the 24 and 32 pin connector pinouts.
This pinout indeed has C15 and C16 as injector control pins
as you say above.

So, did the VR always have a 16176424 PCM, or did it come
out initially with a 1227808 ECM and change to the '6424? Or
did I just copy different parts the VN manual I also got out
at the same time? (I had my wife there actually doing the
photocopying - so I can blame her!)

Confused (but that's not unusual!)
--
Peter Gargano