16176424 PCM - is the same as?

Richard Wakeling kojab at ar.com.au
Sat Jan 1 05:20:12 GMT 2000

Hi Peter and Group,

> Peter Gargano wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for the info - I had a very quick look at a VR service
> manual at the NLA (National Library) the other day. I copied
> what I thought was the ECM pinouts - pages 6C-71 to 6C-75
> The actual connector pinouts has a page reference of
> 5-7-93 NS 14836.
>
> But now I find I also have pages 7C2-46 to 7C2-49 "4L60E
> DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES" PCM Wiring Diagram - with the
> last two pages having the 24 and 32 pin connector pinouts.
> This pinout indeed has C15 and C16 as injector control pins
> as you say above.
>
> So, did the VR always have a 16176424 PCM, or did it come
> out initially with a 1227808 ECM and change to the '6424? Or
> did I just copy different parts the VN manual I also got out
> at the same time? (I had my wife there actually doing the
> photocopying - so I can blame her!)

	The 1227808 was used on the VN and VP Auto and Manual V6,V8. As well as
the camira and some Nissan Pulsars. Uses slow speed data (160)
	The 16206305 (ECM) was used on the "Manual" VR,VS V6.V8 and is the same
size as the 808. The pinouts are also the same as the 808 and uses high
speed data (8192). This ECM is a direct replacement for the 808.
	The 16176424 and 16195699 both PCM's (Power Control Module) 50% bigger
than 808,  used on VR and VS "Auto" V6,V8. (8192)  Both these types have
the same pin layout but their plugs are different types and can't be
substituted. Don't know why this was done but have noticed the socket on
the 16195699 has a silver coating, probably for RF sheilding.
	There is probably other ECM,PCM with different Service numbers that
fall into the above types but thats all I have got right now.

Cheers Richard.