Miniram Tip in Problem

JN jwn at sgi.net
Fri Nov 3 13:17:17 GMT 2000

Hello,

    I sent this out yesterday but didn't see any responses that might have
been made because I was not subscribed properly.  If you responded, please
forward the to me at jwn at sgi.net
Yesterdays post
Hi,
    I have an 89 Corvette with the 7165 ECM (MAF).  The motor is a mildly
built 350 with a Minram intake.  I had a Super Ram and when I switched to a
Miniram, I developed a slight tip in problem.  Sometimes I'll get a backfire
through the intake.  No vacuum leaks (16-17 in hg) , timing is set at 8
degrees BTDC fuel pressure is set at 50 psi vacuum line off.  I'm running
stock 22 pound multecs.  Block learn at idle 126-128.  If I run pressure
higher than this the injectors
start to shut down and I actually get less fuel.  This was with the old fuel
pump and the new one.  The 7165 I guess has no pump shot table like the 730.
Do I modify the MAF tables to add more fuel at those low airflow levels?
Some others have claimed the same problem and more pump shot fuel was their
solution.  Plug wires not mixed up.  Will pulling a few degrees of timing
help out?   Its just when you
goose the gas there is a slight stumble.  If the idle is faster say 1000,
then it does not do it.

Thanks!
Jason