MEFI 3.0

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 3 15:41:57 GMT 2000

GM developed a ecm for the marine engine manufacturers,  was just a basic
engne mangaement system.  Then a few lucky folks, and some gm calibraion
guys got ahold of them and started using them for the automotive
applications, and at gm for dyno work.  One story/rumor I heard was the
Northstars were first fired on them, and they were able to get them **what
looked to be smog legal**  using the MEFI, and that's when they looked at
them for auto use.
  They are a Flash system, and I beleive pretty well sealed since they are
for use in a Marine environment.
Might be a motorcycle or two using a similiar system, or shortly
Bruce