Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 3 16:39:53 GMT 2000

just curious, but any of the people involved in the money making side of
these files have a problem with adding an import/export utility to their
software. (yes i agree, getting paid for your efforts is nice).
Question, why is it that some listers can sell their EFI related products
created from the wealth of info here without ramifications, and others are
lynched for the same thing. Seems inconsistent treatment to me. Terry Kelly
comes to mind for ex. but there are others.
JW

Read thru the archives, and you wouldn't even ask that.
But, in a nut shell TK, and a few others have brought to the list, rather then sell what they learned from the list.  Some guys are smart enough to figure out the ecms, and just lurk here seeing what is going on.   They also, **suffer** from a desire to help others learn.
Some of them have great software ability, and lack the mechanics, or tuning end of using that info., and hang out trying to learn that end of things.
I have yet to see any of them post hey, I just released version xyz. and it available for $x dollars.
But, there are some that seem to like to advertise here, and that is getting old.
Personally, I like (or did)  in general answering guestions, but now I see where folks have a business and are using me for tech support, and I resent that.
Bruce