Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Fri Nov 3 19:09:19 GMT 2000

At 11:39 AM 11/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>just curious, but any of the people involved in the money making side of
>these files have a problem with adding an import/export utility to their
>software. (yes i agree, getting paid for your efforts is nice).
>Question, why is it that some listers can sell their EFI related products
>created from the wealth of info here without ramifications, and others are
>lynched for the same thing. Seems inconsistent treatment to me. Terry Kelly
>comes to mind for ex. but there are others.
>JW
>
>Read thru the archives, and you wouldn't even ask that.
>But, in a nut shell TK, and a few others have brought to the list, rather
>then sell what they learned from the list.  Some guys are smart enough to
>figure out the ecms, and just lurk here seeing what is going on.   They
>also, **suffer** from a desire to help others learn.
>Some of them have great software ability, and lack the mechanics, or
>tuning end of using that info., and hang out trying to learn that end of
>things.
>I have yet to see any of them post hey, I just released version xyz. and
>it available for $x dollars.
>But, there are some that seem to like to advertise here, and that is
>getting old.
>Personally, I like (or did)  in general answering guestions, but now I see
>where folks have a business and are using me for tech support, and I
>resent that.
>Bruce

  It's one thing to share years of knowledge to benefit others and
ourselves , then there are folks whom
play a game to use others up and throw them away , " Only" for their
selfish personal  gain.
Sometimes , the more things change , the more they remain the same. Indeed
some folks *suffer* from
a desire to help others in the experience called learning. Everyone needs
help from time to time, except
those that confuse Help with Take , purely for $$.
Len