Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing software

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Nov 3 21:35:08 GMT 2000

Paul Blackmore wrote:

>  ... It would be extensible, portable, human readable and above all ...

I think the "problem" with XML is that, while it may be human readable (just),
it's not human editable without some tool. And I think it's totally over the
top in terms of being verbose. This verbosity almost guarantees that no-one
will make any sense out of it without an editor.

Okay, in itself, this may not be a serious criticism, but I'd like a standard
that is simple for a human to read and edit. And I think that it's possible
without "resorting" to XML.

JM$.02, Peter