History & $5D Calibration Information?

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Sat Nov 4 03:21:57 GMT 2000

Daniel Collins wrote:

> Wasn't the 4T cyl throttle body injection  4cyl Port fuel injection as used
> on the Holden Camira and Nissan Pulsar

Some mixed metaphors there? - The document I mentioned indicates the BIN is
for a TPI (ie. NOT throttle body, but Tuned Port, or PFI) - and certainly the
LD Astra and the xx Pulsar had the same motor and EFI (both in 1.6L TBI & 1.8L
PFI forms), but the only Nissan Turbo I know of was the ET (phone home?) - and
I thought that was pre Pulsar days, and therefore too early to use the 1227808.

Of course, I'm may be totally wrong on this?

> The only supercharged calibrations I have seen so far have used the standard
> 1 bar map sensor with the the 100Kpa settings mapped for boost  - causing it
> to run very rich as it comes on to boost! . Could a 2 Bar map sensor be used
> , with a corresponding halving of resolution or would this cause problems
> with the barometric pressure reading ?

There does exist code, that will run on a 1227808, that supports turbo tables
and specific turbo features - this is in fact why I'm after information on the
1988-89 Turbo Isuzu 1.5L which uses a 1227808 compatible (almost) ECU. I'm
not aware that this model ever came into Australia, but I'm not speaking from
a position of any authority!

If anyone can shed any light on either the '808 4T, or the Isuzu 1.5 Turbo,
I'll be eternally grateful.

Peter.