History & $5D Calibration Information?

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Sat Nov 4 04:44:56 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Been a couple years, but as I recall the MAP diagnostics are disabled with
> programming 808 file, which would indicate to me they used a 2 bar with a
> stock bin file.

Certainly the programming 808 file indicates that MALF 34 and 35 (MAP
diagnostic enables) are both disabled.

Co-incidentally, this week, someone sent me a $5D BIN that they claimed
was done using Kalmaker Workshop (but not by them apparently) and this file
too has the 34 and 35 MALF bits disabled - I was also told that the
calibration was used with a 2 bar sensor. At the time I did not attach
any importance to it because the BIN was damaged in other ways.

> At one time, it's been reported Kalmaker had some 2 and 3 Bar 808 bin files.

Does anyone have any experience with $5D Kalmaker 2 and 3 Bar applications?
I'd be very interested to discuss this with them.

Peter