manual IAC differences.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Nov 4 18:48:49 GMT 2000

> I have a crossfire injection with a 7747 ecm.
> The car has a manual trans, but the manifold is from an automatic.
> I have heard that the manual and autos had different style pintles,

Not that I've found, or seen any listing for.  Might be different part
numbers around but I've had quite a few Xfires and the pintles (other then
the ones I made) were all the same.

and have
> noticed that while manual .bins drive better the auto bins seem to work
> better around and at idle.

No doubt, the manuals use lots of little changes in the IAC strategies..

I will look into changing the pintles, but was
> wondering if you had some advice on what settings may be different due to
> the different pintles. I'd like to get it to run like the auto bins
without
> the decel and other quirky problems I get from using the auto bins with my
> manual trans.

Start with a manual bin for a manual application would be my advise.  those
decel and quirky problems are the devils in the details.
Try a manual bin, and use the fuel and timing from the auto if you like, the
IAC takes lots of time to sort thru, IMO
Bruce