Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun Nov 5 21:31:12 GMT 2000

Yes, correct, agreed, witness, confirmed, and seconded.

In a nutshell - its the WAY you go about gathering the information, and what you say when you ask for it or discuss it that sets people like terry apart from others who arrive one day, discuss "personal' interests, than all of a sudden release something commercial and high priced out of the blue.

I've used terry's package - never any others (no reason for me to) I have suggested add-ons that have been , in some cases implemented within 30 minutes. I have offered to 'spread the word' or endorse the package because I beleive in the DIY creedo, and terry has shy'd away from this - my web site used to get 1400 hits a week before I closed the message board.

I have nothing to gain for expressing these views. I can write my own commercial tweaking package in the matter of hours using things from the incoming FTP only, as many other people can. I feel that the couple of guys who pioneered the effort deserve the spoils that filter their way - remember theres a downside to the activity as well, you have to be dedicated to some level of support and you put up with software theft constantly. I bet 10% of users are owners. I also bet terry doesn't mind as much as you might think, but I'm guessing.

Applause to the software guys, the cable guys, the people with fully disclosing web pages, the guys who respond with all they know, and the pitbulls who guard against greed, corruption, and the activities that make listers STOP responding openly.