730 ECM Swap

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 03:01:02 GMT 2000

My take on this so far. You would only need to solder the junkyard wires at
the back of the 165 header, and not have to remove any pins from the 7730
connectors. If you go the brand new route, you'll have to solder the
terminals to all 7730 wires, insert them into the 7730, and then solder the
wires to the back of the 165 header. So maybe a junkyard 7730 harness is the
way to go after all to save time. My quote from Pioneer Standard says there
is a minimum order charge of $25, but if you can get them yourself, I guess
that is the way to go. I was volunteering so I could get them all over the
$25 min order. Sounds like a group buy has become a bunch of individual buys.
As for making a profit from the list buy, I was going to show my cost so no I
was not intending to make a profit from the list. HOWEVER, I did think of
selling my version of the harness on Ebay or my site for a modest labor and
parts charge, so I guess I'll bow out.  JW