WooHoo new 730 ECM

Patrick G. Moore patm at cais.com
Tue Nov 7 23:11:35 GMT 2000

Not being in any particular hurry, I waited until
I got a good price on a 7730 on ebay.  Since the guy is
parting out the '90 3.1 firebird, I am getting part of the
harness as well.  Save the time of junkyard scrounging
which I don't have.  Plus there are darn few u-pull-its
around here in the DC area.

Bought 10 27c256 eproms for $8.50 w/shipping a couple
weeks ago on ebay, so I'm ready.

The plan is to eventually replace the 7783 in my '87
3.8 Buick Century.  I have found most of the spark tables
in the AKBA bin, but the fueling still eludes me.  The
spark tables were fairly close to the GN 148 ones.  So,
I thought when I really get to tune this thing, the 730
would be the way to go.  Now especially with the new
AZTY hack (Thanks guys!).

Unfortunately, he sold the underhood harness with some
sensors.  Do I need a cal or 730 specific knock sensor?
I know I'll need a MAP sensor, it's on the firewall right?
Where is the best place to plumb it to?

My Turbolink software I don't think will read the data
stream on a 730.  I should be able to use the cable with one of
the free ones shouldn't I?  Don't worry I'll figure it
out if noone suggests one.

I need to finish the engine, get it in the car and running,
and get it through safety and emissions before I can start
playing seriously with it.  Let's say, next spring?

Thanks All for the fun
Pat