WooHoo new 730 ECM

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Nov 8 02:07:50 GMT 2000

"Patrick G. Moore" wrote:

> The plan is to eventually replace the 7783 in my '87
> 3.8 Buick Century.  [...]  So,
> I thought when I really get to tune this thing, the 730
> would be the way to go.

What are you going to do about the differences in the ignition systems?
You'll also be changing from SFI to batch fire.  These aren't
insurmountable changes, but I hope your aware of them.

I'd think that the 1228253 P4 ECM might be a better upgrade.  You'd get
8192 ALDL and the other P4 upgrades, but still get to keep your SFI.
(There might be cam sensor differences if you go this route.)

Another upgrade to consider is the 1227057 ECM.  It's sort of a C3 with
8192 ALDL.  It was used in the E-body cars with your 3.8.  The '7057
uses 2732 EPROMs, and you'd probably be alone in hacking it's tables.