No subject

Darryl & Karen Smith darrylkarensmith at netzero.net
Wed Nov 8 02:37:48 GMT 2000

Hi guys,
Just found your site a couple of days ago and I'm sure I'm the cause of all
the anti-html stuff that came out as I signed up.( didn't know what the hell
all that meant)  I've built a 4.1L buick v-6 with >11:1 compression, more
lift and duration in the cam and '87 GN intake (no turbo) using the ecm and
harness from a 85 fwd park ave.  ecm is #1227065 w/ATND prom. As you can
probably guess the timing map is way off and I need to know if anyone has
worked with a similar setup or can help me program or get the equipment to
program my chip.  I know what I want the timing curve to look like but I
don't know how to get it into my car.  I've been working with a guy who has
done some of this kind of thing but we've developed a prom ID error.  I
believe that it is a result of not matching the factory checksum when we
finished rewriting the chip.  Is that correct?  The car runs well when the
timing is in the ballpark but it's not most of the time.  My O2 monitor is
happy with the mixture and the control of it so far.