MemCals Needing a Good Home...

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Thu Nov 9 06:12:39 GMT 2000

The NETRES is part of an analog complex circuit which attempts to drive the
physical hardware in the event of either a CPU failure or an EPROM failure.
The intention was that the resultant fueling, together with the base spark
from the ignition module/system, would get a person from unknown
destinations to at least a service repair facility.  Yes, it requires that
the hardware is "okay"  and specifically it assumes that the TPS, CTS, and
MAP (or MAF) are okay.

Ludis has some schematics for this on his site for certain ECM's, and there
are a number of discussion threads throughout the old archives.  As at yet,
I'm not aware of anyone who has post calibrated this feature (although I'd
like to be corrected on this point if anyone is willing......).

Walt.