MemCals Needing a Good Home...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 9 04:31:35 GMT 2000

> The NETRES is part of an analog complex circuit which attempts to drive
the
> physical hardware in the event of either a CPU failure or an EPROM
failure.
> The intention was that the resultant fueling, together with the base spark
> from the ignition module/system, would get a person from unknown
> destinations to at least a service repair facility.  Yes, it requires that
> the hardware is "okay"  and specifically it assumes that the TPS, CTS, and
> MAP (or MAF) are okay.
> Ludis has some schematics for this on his site for certain ECM's, and
there
> are a number of discussion threads throughout the old archives.  As at
yet,
> I'm not aware of anyone who has post calibrated this feature (although I'd
> like to be corrected on this point if anyone is willing......).

If you mean just tried a few, i did with the 747,  ran lousy, with any but
was so far away from any oem engine not to be surprised.
In normal operation with a 4.3 netres other then scanner reportin weird, it
ran really well which surprised me.   I also think that the 305 350 454 all
used the same one.
They are an unknown in my book.
If you could imagine this, I just carry a spare ecm and a few chips when I
travel <g>
Bruce

> Walt.
>

> > Has anyone been able to come up with a pinout and/or internal connection
> > diagram for the netres?  And while we're at it, could someone explain
HOW