J N's MiniRam backfire

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 9 17:05:54 GMT 2000

> The recording is a neutral blip.  It also does it in gear.  Smoothly
> increasing the throttle is fine.  It's when you shift and then hit the
next
> gear kinda hard you feel a dead shot and sometimes a backfire.  Another
> interesting note is that the zero O2 reading after hitting the gas was
also
> recorded (not noticed) when I had the Super Ram on.

That's what I was saying about intake tract changes.
Also, lots of things go unnoticed / unfelt.
Generally takes a really sharpe driver to notice .1 sec events.

 There are alot of
> Minirammed MAF cars out there running fine.  Maybe someday I'll go to a
MAP
> (which by the way, TPIS claims are a real bear with a miniram) but not
until
> I learn this MAF system better.

Ya,
so is running 13s with a cross fire, but when mine was done it was about as
close to perfect as one could get.
With the MAP you can see the fuel VE table and move it around.
How good are you at moving the MAF scalers and stuff?.
Without having full or as close to full as tuning available you'll be just
patching things to work, IMO.

It just seems like your tackling so much here.
Maybe a archive search and looking for MAF would help maybe writting Mark
Romans, and ask him about how much time he has in his calibration, for a
hotrod the MAFs ar just so much work, and unless you can correct the inherit
weaknesses in that MAF, I just wish you luck.
BTW, with MAF on the GN I'm not anti-MAF, just I realise the intacke tract
is 4' long  (est), and expect a less than snappy neutral blip, and with an
auto can bypass the shift problem since it is a no lift deal
Bruce

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org