check sum calculator

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Fri Nov 10 03:05:13 GMT 2000

In reading about the winbin updates I have what is probably a very basic
question.
If I load a stock bin and change something in winbin(old version) and then
burn it to run in the car, can I assume the checksum will be wrong. What
would this cause?
Also I've been playing back and forth between winbin,TC, and a couple of hex
editors. Each offers it's own +s and -s. I believe TC already calculates the
CS.  If I changed a few items in winbin(that aren't listed in TC) or with
and editor, then change say fuel table s or spark in TC would it correct the
CS?

Kevin R