check sum calculator

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Nov 10 06:28:11 GMT 2000

would cause the prom to code. 52 I think. (bad CAL)

It may correct the CS,  but if the BIN that was LOADED had a bad CS, the
software may notify you of this (GME) or maybe refuse to load it <?>

If the package has an option for "mark experimental" then the checksum will
never fail, even if the chip really does have a checksum problem. good and
bad.

Look at the FTP docs for your cal if it exists, find the location of the
cksum and set it experimental if the package you have wont support it.

you can use your hex editor to calculate the cksum in some cases.

anyone got a handy program to enter start, and end byte, and chsum byte
location and "fix" a cksum? seems simple nuff and useful mebbe?