730 ECM Swap

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Nov 13 01:15:54 GMT 2000

We had used a couple of sta-con "fork" connectors soldered together to make
a jumper that fit exactly (you have to jumper 2 of the lines that are NOT
next to each other)
 Yep - makes for a much cleaner and quicker change-out.

MAP signal is sent into the cockpit thru the newly spare MAF wires, as
outlined in another post. very convenient to have correct male and female
connectors.

UUGH!  Dont go the pep boys route... can you imagine $10 for the
connector!?!   pair of snips at a junkyard can net you $100 worth of pep
boys equivalant for a few bucks.

Last TIP - get the KNOCK wire connector heads off the PILE OF PULLED MOTORS
at your local yard. They are still on the knock sensor cause the yard people
dont know how to get them off so they cut the wyre. - (mechanics ;-)  JK