165 knock sensor sensitivity

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 12 04:48:06 GMT 2000

> I need a refresher, Previous discussion there was a thread about either

thought it was in the archives LOL

> 1) Wrapping the knock sensor threads in teflon tape and torquing it to the
> absolute minimum.

Kinda works.

> 2) Extending the knock sensor a short distance from the block using some
> threaded tube,

45d male female fitting they use that in the MEFI.  Could guys report good
luck with that.  I have @ on a T fitting 1.25" off of the block, seems OK

> 3) Wiring a resistor in line to the knock sensor to quiet it down a bit.
> (Any of these HAVE to be better than disconnecting it)

That's the late ones.

> Anyone have any quick and dirty desensitivation procs?

??
Use the 45d fitting thing, highest chance for success.

> False knock is an issue due to forged pistons/ valvetrain noise.

Can be.  Along with alot of other things.
It's acoustic so easily fooled.
Might look to set the min MPH / rpm to higher then an idle speed to help
Bruce