Just got my TPI running...questions...

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 02:08:22 GMT 2000

In a message dated 11/12/00 9:02:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shannen at grolen.com writes:

> Before diagnosing this code, make sure that it's current.  Clear all
>  trouble codes, start the car, see if it returns.

I did this a few times and it returned almost immediately.  It did not set
with just the ignition on, but set almost as soon as the engine was started.

>  Running the wiring harness too close to the plug wires has been known
>  to cause intermittent code 42/43.

THIS I will have to check out.  They are indeed fairly close.  I don't know
how far I will really be able to separate them because the engine bay is so
tight, but perhaps I can do better.
Thanks for the advice,
Ted