10 LED O2 monitor

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Tue Nov 14 21:02:59 GMT 2000

> From: Peter Gargano [mailto:peter at techedge.com.au]
> Subject: Re: 10 LED O2 monitor
>

> > ... i'm kinda surprised that there are still folks out there in
> > digital land who remember what a vom is...
>
> Give me a VOM any day - A good tech can infer a lot about a signal,
> in much less time, from what a VOM's needle does.

Yea, there's nothing quite like trying to read a time-varying signal from a
rapidly-changing LCD display (especially a display with an unpredictable
refresh rate).

Unfortunately, some jackass here at work decided to clean house, and my
Simpson VOM got thrown out in the process (apparently, it looked old enough
to be junk).

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.novagate.com/~bryante