730 ECM Swap - UPDATE

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Nov 15 08:07:23 GMT 2000

Lil guys dark art (howd they do that thing with notwithstanding, and my
spell checker in the shop, I wanted to update y'all and ask sumptin.

Version 2 of the 1652730 (read: "165 to 730", vanity tag pending) has been
tested and of coarse turned out perfectly.

The impedance of the '165 knock sensor verses the '730 knock sensor is
perhaps a measurable trait that is further evidence that the new ECM wont
really like the OLD sensor. I know there may have been info posted but
theres no substitute for seeing it yourself.

Question... 165 knock sensor connected to a 730... absolutely not? or what?
am I alone here? Luckily theres another hole for the other sensor at the
other side of the block but yes, I know its not the correct location. Just
gotta figger whick system is the MAIN and whick is the backup.  hmmm - any
advice bruce?  (:P)

FYI, if you are curious and have not been reading, Version 2 eliminates all
thru-firewall wire runs (like the thread spoke of), and adds the 'icing'
connectors (MAF female, second Knock connector, correct MAP connector, real
live MAP firewall bracket, convenient knock-swap connector). a 20 second
swap from 165 to 730 and vise-versa - do it while in the staging lanes.

Version 3 ihas finally moved from an 8 month stay in the concept phase.. V3
is moving along.. really cool, can't wait to tell ya bout it ;-)  I
searched, and Al Gore didn't go this far in his design ;-)
(tasteless jokes about how much the skinny will cost you deleted)

Now to the task of hooking an LS1 to a '165 with a MAF  ha ha haaa HERRACY!

<spell check back on>