Question about WOT table in $8D bin

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Wed Nov 15 21:04:45 GMT 2000

Bruce,

I don't think its as bad as what you are saying.  Please - hear me out.
 I said that the calculation shows that I am running 10.16 AFR.  This was
at 5600rpms and a coolant temp of 80deg C.  HOWEVER, the stock AUJP bin
has a PE modifier of 7.8 at 4000rpms in WOT %Change in AFR vs RPM and a
modifier of 22.7 in WOT %Change in AFR vs Coolant.  This results in a 10.22
AFR.

Now, I am NOT running 10.16 everywhere.  I just picked the highest point
of the curve and reported that point.  I also picked the highest point of
the AUJP curve and reported that.  Again, the formula I am using is the
one previously supplied here on the list ....

( 1  -  (( RPM Mod  +  Coolant Mod )  /  100 )  *  14.7

I am not concerned about the fueling.  I am close to 128 at all points when
driving.  I spent significant time on the VE curves.  The WOT %Change to
AFR tables are modified from stock ... but, no so much in the levels but
more as to the shape.  The MiniRam doesn't need as much fuel at 4000RPMs
as compared to the TPI.  However, it does need more at 5600rpms.

Tim