Question about WOT table in $8D bin

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Nov 15 22:58:29 GMT 2000

Gm is using it to *shut* the motor down *gracefully*.
If they use rpm folks whine about tachs being off,
rich is cheaper on warranties, they run rich to *not make* HP.
Your running that rich and trying to work the motor there.
Big difference.
It'll be real easy to see who's closer when you tear her down.
Too cool of cooling system (80C  / 160dF) with too hot of plug, running rich
can look just fine.  This is why I harp about things.
Justifing something cause others do it gets no where in my book.
Not being harsh, or telling you your wrong, just there is an alternative
that's alot easier on parts.
Also, have said rich and too much timing feels fast yet folks still do it
all the time.
It just feels so good, folks do it.
BTDT
Bruce
  Like I used to tell customers, "don't make a hoot's difference to me,
  my car runs fine".