Diesel EFI

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Fri Nov 17 18:29:20 GMT 2000

Whooops--that's right. Forgot about that. Hopefully he's reading along
still.

Check the ECT sensor with a scan tool. Compare the engine coolant temp
against ambient or a good Raytech. If it's reading warmer than normal--the
glow plugs won't cycle long enough (If I'm recalling correctly) <g>.
Another thing... the lift pump may be getting weak...and the check valve has
failed. This makes extended cranks the norm. Gotta freshen up on my diesel
stuff...

Lyndon.