TBI motor into 400 suburban

jkooser at impsat.com jkooser at impsat.com
Mon Nov 20 19:29:51 GMT 2000

> get the factory in tank pickup and pump assembly for 88-91
> TBI suburban

Okay, then ignore that section in my post that's heading for your inbox
right now.

> you were kidding when you said you were putting the TBI in
> carb cleaner
> right?  This can really screw things up.

Um, not exactly...  I disassembled it according to the Haynes manual for '88
- '9something trucks that has better TBI pics than the Suburban/truck
manual.  The only thing I've put into the carb cleaner so far is the actual
piece that holds the injectors and the bolts that held it together.  I
removed the TPS sensor, the injectors, the fuel fittings and the IAC
solenoid before I did anything.  I know better than to toss the electrical
or plastic/rubber pieces into that stuff.  What's to screw up about an
aluminum casting that holds the injectors?  Did I miss something there?  And
what to do about the piece that has the fuel pressure regulator?  I'd refer
to the correct names or page numbers, but I'm at work, and the manual's at
home.

> The ECM you have will not control the 4l80E

Gotcha.  Just concerned about how many times I'm going to have to do the
wiring over, if any.

Thanks,
Jake Kooser