7747 timing question.

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Mon Nov 20 23:55:56 GMT 2000

My physical timing seems to be off from that spec'd in the main table.
The initial timing is at 9.84 with distributor physically set at 8-10
degrees, and everything else seems to check out, but when it says 19.7 the
timing light shows 14-15. Something seems to be pulling 5 degrees that I'm
not accounting for. I've tried different settings and it seems consistently
off by 5.
FYI, it's a 350 crossfire and my knock sensor isn't even connected right now
so I shouldn't be getting knock retard.
Since I can only test in the driveway, is there some setting at idle that
could be throwing me off by 5 degrees?

Kevin R