Question about...

Mike Rolica 97005620 at lambton.on.ca
Tue Nov 21 23:30:18 GMT 2000

Ok .. been watching this thread for a while... I am also runnig a 8d on a
730.
I have the 190cc afr heads....I'm runnig an carb intake converted to port
injection as per bruce' recemendations..
I've followed his advcie very closely___> the result, 12.22 in a 3600lb
vehicle. and over 136 000km on the motor with a blown head gaset at 90 000
The reason....too much timing.
i run at most 34 deg at any rpm. i'm running a 195 deg thermostat. and
11.8:compression..
I'm guessing the motor is around 490-500hp, and 500ft-lbs torque with times
and mph i've ran.
I still have allot of work to do on cruse. blm's are all over the place.
I spent most of my time in wot tunning...allot of time

just my experience......
BTW (does not take much to pop a head gasket on the afr's....I heard no
knock at all any time..
yet the valves and seat revealed it all...